BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Monday, December 21, 2009

First Day + A lil' on my life in University (01)

Howdy guys! How are things going? Got to say, this month’s entries are going to be the most... I think; since I still haven’t got my laptop and I was recently aided and introduced to the world of blogging by my ever helpful University pal, Sarah whom I’ve ‘recruited’ into my team or you could say, gang.. Moving on, let’s go back in time and relive the experience of a freshies first day. *Thinks...* Ok. Here we go so gear up and brace yourself for this journey... Are you ready?

14th of July 2009 – A day to be reckoned with, a date that marks the start of a continued journey and the end of a long, agonized wait. Also, a day of pure hmm... what’s that word again...annoyance? Lost? O well...

I got my documents set aside and on that day, came to University Putra Malaysia (UPM) for a second time. I had previously come here for a seminar a few years back but, there wasn’t much time to explore the grounds unlike now. Registration was like whoa... a totally unexpected method. They made you run here and there, doing most of the donkey jobs. Or maybe not. But, I certainly remember going here and there within campus grounds getting things organized. By afternoon around 1pm; both my parents and I were ready to bunk down and have a lil’ nap before we continued. The hot weather hadn’t helped at all... I was desperately in need of a bath! Yup... it was that HOT! Anyway, we decided against temptation, had lunch and tackled the next task at hand – my lodgings.

Over here, the hostels are each given names and they are termed as ‘colleges’. So, try not to get confused ya? We have around 17 colleges scattered here and there around the campus grounds. Since I’m doing a degree in languages; I was placed in K14 which is the 14th college and one of the colleges that has a lot of language students. As soon as I got my room key – I’m staying on the 5th floor by the way meaning I’ve to climb approximately 72 – 80steps to reach my room which is on the highest level. You could say, the lot of us staying up there practically has to do a ‘mini Batu Caves’ climb every time we needed to go down for classes or for food. In a day, I go up and down practically hmm... 5-6times? Multiply it with the 72-80 steps and hey presto! You feel your energy deserting you at the end of the day although you do have the substantial nutrition’s.




TO BE CONTINUED...

0 comments: