BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Double Identity - Part 1...

Ok. An extremely late entry. I know... This happened like hmm... let me see..Back in F5. That would be the year 2006-2007! Right. As soon as d major exam –SPM was over, we had almost 6 months of break before the acceptance letter for F6 arrived. Guess what? During that period of holiday, my mum gave me a wonderful b’day present. Something I never would’ve expected from her. Do you know what it is? No.. I’m not talking about books ,dolls or even holiday trips Given up guessing? Good! Because your time for answering is up! Hehehe...

Knowing my interest in the multiple varieties of languages available on mother earth (Hey, I am just a beginner here... Not a pro yet or maybe I am... in 1 or 2 languages. Hehe...); Anyway, she got me enrolled in a college in KL situated near the PWTC building. A college that goes by the name- Lincoln College. What course? FRENCH!!! YIPPEE!!!!! I have always wanted to learn this language since my knowledge on Spanish is a bit hazy and this was a new language.

On my first day, I had my sis with me who fortunately, wanted to try out her interest in French. What better way then to follow me? So, we hopped on n off the bus, took the train and arrived on the grounds of the ‘PUTRA PLACE’ in time for lunch. After a much drawn out lunch though, we got lost! As in, we took the wrong lift up and ended up in another college – in the baking pantry! Imagine our shock n dismay! 1st day, already ‘sesat jalan’. *Sighs..* We came down after checking out the floor and luckily, called the admin – Ms. Sangeetha who got me n my sis enrolled in the first place. She agreed to meet us down and kindly, directed us to the right building and the right floor. Imagine the relief we felt! We were still early for class.. Being a non Lincoln college student, I felt a bit weird. Out of my league if you may at being surrounded by the rest of them. I met Jun Hong, my first college pal when I first entered and by the end of the day, got to know 2 more.. As time passed, class became more interesting. I don’t know about the rest but, maybe my love for languages sort of colored my judgment. My lecturer, Mdm. Marie Dumas, a frenchie is an interesting and friendly person and she told us some info about her country as well as gave us a short quiz after the ice melting session came to a stall.



THE END...?

0 comments: