BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Monday, December 21, 2009

First Day + Life in Uni (02)

By the time we finished cleaning up the dusty room – my room had been a store room for a few years before this so, I’m sure you can imagine the amount of webs and dust accumulated; it was late in the evening. I had dinner with my parents after my much needed bath and spent the night organizing my things and unpacking. My roommates hadn’t arrived that day. So, it was just me, my things and my phone. My front door neighbors are Malay seniors and my left side neighbors are also newbie’s like me but, Malays. Both of them offered to stay and spend the night with me when they found out I was alone. I was touched. I mean, how many people do you find going all out to help someone they just knew and not of their kin. I know most of them wouldn’t – not right up to the offer to put up the night with a newbie or even calling them over to your room just because that newbie was alone, right!?

I declined their offer. Not because for fun but, I didn’t want to burden them – my new floor mates. The next day, the newbie’s <> went to do our checkup at the health centre@ Pusat Kesihatan Universiti (PKU). All in all, we managed to complete our health checkup and register our subjects in the nick of time!

When I got back to my room for lunch, my roomies started arriving one by one. The first to arrive was my Indian roommate - Packia who came all the way from Pahang. In the evening, my two other roommates – Grace and Wei Woon arrived. Guess what? One of them hails from the place I used to be whereas the other hails from my current place. Freaky or coincidental? Hmm...

Long story short, I made a lot of new friends, found out a lot of interesting bits of information on them as well I even found some who had a bit of my traits in them! Don’t believe me huh? You know, I found a guy who sings all the time, like me and we actually managed to conduct a Question and Answer session...musically. Unless you were there that day, I bet you haven’t heard me do that before, right? Was it just me, my luck or my ‘oozing charming’ side that brought out the DEVIL in them? I’ll like to think it as my ‘bubbly ever-loving personality’ that did the trick! Muahaha... So, don’t go and spoil my day now, got that?

0 comments: